Wednesday , January 24 2018
Home / Downstream / Close BG Group starts commercial operations from QCLNG Train 2 in Australia

Close BG Group starts commercial operations from QCLNG Train 2 in Australia

BG Group has commenced commercial operations from Queensland Curtis LNG (QCLNG) Train 2 in Australia.

The company’s Australian subsidiary QGC has also assumed control of this train from Bechtel Australia, which constructed the facility.

At present, the company has complete control of Train 1 and Train 2 as well as associated facilities at QCLNG plant.

The project, which involved $20.4bn of investment from 2010 to 2014, is expected to reach plateau production by mid-2016 and will produce enough LNG to load around ten vessels a month.

The company has shipped 71 cargoes since the production started in December 2014.

BG Group owns Train 2 with 97.5% interest and the remaining 2.5% is owned by Tokyo Gas.

BG Group chief executive Helge Lund said: “As we assume full control of the entire QCLNG plant, we remain focused on managing the facility safely and responsibly.”

With the operation of Train 1 and 2, QCLNG is expected to add volumes and flexibility to the company’s LNG shipping portfolio, the company said.

Queensland CLNG project will convert gas from coal seams into liquefied natural gas and will allow the gas to be transported economically across the globe to help address climate change.

Train 1 started operation in December 2014 and is half owned by BG Group and CNOOC.

Check Also

Iraq, BP sign initial deal to develop Kirkuk oil fields

Iraq and British energy giant BP have signed a memorandum of understanding to develop lucrative ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *